Greg Afinogenov has just finished his Harvard dissertation, ‘The Eye of the Tsar: Intelligence-Gathering and Geopolitics in Eighteenth-Century Eurasia’.
In the LRB Archive:
- Towards the Flame: Empire, War and the End of Tsarist Russia by Dominic Lieven
- Imperial Apocalypse: The Great War and the Destruction of the Russian Empire by Joshua Sanborn
- Russian Magic Tales from Pushkin to Platonov edited by Robert Chandler
- Red Spectres: Russian 20th-Century Gothic-Fantastic Tales translated by Muireann Maguire
- Stalin’s Ghosts: Gothic Themes in Early Soviet Literature by Muireann Maguire
- Alexander I: The Tsar Who Defeated Napoleon by Marie-Pierre Rey, translated by Susan Emanuel