Carl Elliott teaches at the University of Minnesota and is the author of White Coat, Black Hat: Adventures on the Dark Side of Medicine.
In the LRB Archive:
- Medical Research for Hire: The Political Economy of Pharmaceutical Clinical Trials by Jill Fisher
- When Experiments Travel: Clinical Trials and the Global Search for Human Subjects by Adriana Petryna
- The Professional Guinea Pig: Big Pharma and the Risky World of Human Subjects by Roberto Abadie
- Constructing RSI: Belief and Desire by Yolande Lucire
- Meaning, Medicine and the ‘Placebo Effect’ by Daniel Moerman