Greg Grandin teaches history at NYU. The Empire of Necessity: Slavery, Freedom and Deception in the New World was published in January.
In the LRB Archive:
- Scramble for the Amazon and the ‘Lost Paradise’ of Euclides da Cunha by Susanna Hecht
- Allende’s Chile and the Inter-American Cold War by Tanya Harmer
- Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
- Leftovers: Tales of the Latin American Left edited by Jorge Castañeda and Marco Morales
- Nixon and Kissinger: Partners in Power by Robert Dallek
- Henry Kissinger and the American Century by Jeremi Suri