Jobs at the London Review of Books
Junior Sales Executive
Reporting To - Head of Advertising
Department/Location – LRB Ltd, London
Salary/conditions - Detailed in your Contract and Staff Handbook. Working hours are 9.30-5.30pm, Monday to Friday. One hour for lunch.
The Role - The London Review of Books is looking for a talented, motivated Junior Sales Exec to join our team in Bloomsbury, London.
Reporting to the Head of Advertising, you will be responsible for your own client base and revenue generation for our market-leading magazine and digital platforms. As you will be at the start of your sales career you will need to demonstrate to us your ambition, drive, tenacity and resilience.
The right candidate must have a high degree of confidence in telephone sales with superb written and verbal communication skills.
Meet and exceed monthly sales and inventory targets (95% print - 5% digital).
- Maintain, develop and grow prospect list.
- Negotiate rates.
The Junior Advertising Sales Exec will be:
- Focussed on sales and passionate about a career in sales.
- Keen to secure new business.
- Confident in a telesales role with cold calling targets.
- Looking to develop their skills in client and account management.
You will be taught how to maintain impeccable sales records, customer database records and reports to demonstrate high standards of effective sales management. The Junior Sales Exec is expected to report the status of their: revenue and call targets, completed sales, proposals, inventory, and areas of concern to Head of Advertising through weekly one to one meetings.
We are committed to the professional development of all our staff and offer a supportive environment to learn and grow. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in sales at an established, successful and dynamic literary publishing organisation with a rapidly expanding digital media presence. You will receive training on:
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Objection handling.
- Closing techniques.
- Producing first-rate sales proposals and presentations.
- Planning, monitoring and recording activities required to hit targets.
- Sales analysis, including the analysis and interpretation of digital metrics.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Full of confidence and professional demeanour
- Positive can-do attitude
- Confident with technology
- Excellent organisation skills
- High self-motivation
- Educated to a degree level
- Interest in, and understanding of, the LRB brand
- Experience of delivering sales targets.
- Knowledge of publishing industry.
- Well-organised with the ability to manage workload and schedules
- Thrives under pressure
- Deadline, target and results driven
- Professional, approachable manner
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Honest and Reliable
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Junior Sales Executive’ in the subject line and providing a CV and covering letter.
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2016.