Christopher Clark is a professor of modern European history at Cambridge. His books include Iron Kingdom: The Rise and Downfall of Prussia 1600-1947 and Kaiser Wilhelm II. The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914 will be reviewed in the LRB by Thomas Laqueur.
In the LRB Archive:
- The War That Ended Peace by Margaret MacMillan
- July 1914: Countdown to War by Sean McMeekin
- Heinrich Himmler by Peter Longerich, translated by Jeremy Noakes and Lesley Sharpe
- Bismarck: A Life by Jonathan Steinberg
- The Three Emperors: Three Cousins, Three Empires and the Road to World War One by Miranda Carter
- High Society in the Third Reich by Fabrice d’Almeida