Poem: ‘Untitled (51)’
You are not logged in
- If you have already registered please login here
- If you are using the site for the first time please register here
- If you would like access to the entire online archive, buy a full-access subscription here
- Institutions or university library users please login here
- Learn more about our institutional subscriptions here
Between 1969 and 1971, Diane Arbus visited a number of ‘retarded schools’ in New Jersey, taking a series of photographs that would eventually be edited and published as Untitled (1995). The lines in italic are the recorded speech of some of the inmates, taken from Arbus’s working notebooks and correspondence (Revelations, 2003).