Very Active Defence
Israel has the highest concentration of security guards in the world: approximately one for every hundred Jewish citizens (only South Africa comes close). Hundreds of small and medium-sized firms crowd the market, and the largest companies, Hashmira and Modi’in Ezrachi, employ thousands of people. Almost all these firms are run by former members of Israel’s military and security agencies.
You are not logged in
- If you have already registered please login here
- If you are using the site for the first time please register here
- If you would like access to the entire online archive, buy a full-access subscription here
- Institutions or university library users please login here
- Learn more about our institutional subscriptions here