It’s a Crime!
- Chaim Soutine: Catalogue Raisonné, Vols I-II by Maurice Tuchman, Esti Dunow and Klaus Perls
Benedikt Taschen Verlag, 780 pp, £49.99, December 1993, ISBN 3 8228 1629 9
Destroying his Céret paintings became an actual diversion, strangely entertaining to him, enjoyable like the savagery of the wrestling matches he regularly attended. He would install his mistress in a café, go in search of a Céret picture he had heard some dealer owned, exchange with him a new picture for the old one, and ritually, happily, destroy it.
You are not logged in
- If you have already registered please login here
- If you are using the site for the first time please register here
- If you would like access to the entire online archive, buy a full-access subscription here
- Institutions or university library users please login here
- Learn more about our institutional subscriptions here