Was she Julia?
- Code Name ‘Mary’: Memoirs of an American Woman in the Austrian Underground by Muriel Gardiner
Yale, 200 pp, £10.95, May 1983, ISBN 0 300 02940 3
I suppose I should ‘declare an interest’. In 1934 I had a love affair, which is briefly related here, with the author, who has remained to this day one of my closest friends. I have written about this in World within World, where Muriel is called ‘Elizabeth’.
You are not logged in
- If you have already registered please login here
- If you are using the site for the first time please register here
- If you would like access to the entire online archive, buy a full-access subscription here
- Institutions or university library users please login here
- Learn more about our institutional subscriptions here