John Connelly teaches the history of East Central Europe at the University of California, Berkeley.
In the LRB Archive:
- Hitler’s Beneficiaries: How the Nazis Bought the German People by Götz Aly, translated by Jefferson Chase
- Ivan’s War: The Red Army 1939-45 by Catherine Merridale
- A Writer at War: Vasily Grossman with the Red Army 1941-45 edited and translated by Antony Beevor and Luba Vinogradova
- The Origins of the Final Solution: The Evolution of Nazi Jewish Policy 1939-42 by Christopher Browning
- Rising ’44: ‘The Battle for Warsaw’ by Norman Davies