Isabel Hilton is the author of The Search for Panchen Lama. She recently crossed the Atlantic in circumstances most of us would find too hazardous.
In the LRB Archive:
- My Tibetan Childhood: When Ice Shattered Stone by Naktsang Nulo, translated by Angus Cargill and Sonam Lhamo
- Nothing to Envy: Real Lives in North Korea by Barbara Demick
- Lhasa: Streets with Memories by Robert Barnett
- In Search of the Assassin by Susie Morgan
- The Land that Lost its Heroes: Argentina, the Falklands and Alfonsin by Jimmy Burns
- Falklands: The Secret Plot by Oscar Raul Cardoso, Ricardo Kirschbaum and Eduardo van der Kooy, translated by Bernard Ethell