You are not logged in
- If you have already registered please login here
- If you are using the site for the first time please register here
- If you would like access to the entire online archive, buy a full-access subscription here
- Institutions or university library users please login here
- Learn more about our institutional subscriptions here
The bears’ route: Lancashire to Lincolnshire to Nottingham to Herefordshire to Sussex to Canterbury through Suffolk to Windsor through Oxford to Birmingham to Manchester and Lancashire.
vardo: a gypsy’s cart or caravan; drom: a road; bengipè: a trick or a quirk.