Ruth Dudley Edwards
Brenda Maddox’s enjoyable biography of Nora Joyce left me worrying about two questions.[*] Did her subject warrant 526 pages? And was the great Richard Ellmann, along with other scholars, guilty of gross invasion of privacy when he published James Joyce’s coprophiliac letters to Nora?
You are not logged in
- If you have already registered please login here
- If you are using the site for the first time please register here
- If you would like access to the entire online archive, buy a full-access subscription here
- Institutions or university library users please login here
- Learn more about our institutional subscriptions here
[*] Nora: A Biography of Nora Joyce was published on 16 June (Hamish Hamilton, 589 pp., £16.95, 0241 12385 2).