Love and the Party
- A Great Love by Alexandra Kollontai, translated by Cathy Porter
Virago, 156 pp, £2.50, March 1981, ISBN 0 86068 188 2
- Love of Worker Bees by Alexandra Kollontai, translated by Cathy Porter
Virago, 232 pp, £2.95, October 1977, ISBN 0 86068 006 1
‘Oh, come on now! It won’t be such a tragedy if you’re a little late! They’ll manage very nicely without you, you know.’ Moving closer to her he’d started to nibble her ear and then, with mounting passion, to kiss her neck. But she hadn’t responded. His words had stung her and she thought of all the other occasions when he’d referred so disparagingly to her work for the Party – their Party; she wondered if he’d ever understand that it was only out of a sense of total commitment to her political work that she derived the strength to endure their separation for good.
You are not logged in
- If you have already registered please login here
- If you are using the site for the first time please register here
- If you would like access to the entire online archive, buy a full-access subscription here
- Institutions or university library users please login here
- Learn more about our institutional subscriptions here
[*] Alexandra Kollontai by Cathy Porter. Virago, 537 pp., £12 and £4.95, 25 February 1980, 0 86068 042 2.