Kenneth Pomeranz is a professor of East Asian languages and civilisation at the University of Chicago and the author of The Great Divergence: China, Europe and the Making of the Modern World Economy, among other books.
In the LRB Archive:
- China’s Growth: The Making of an Economic Superpower by Linda Yueh
- The Rise of the People’s Bank of China: The Politics of Institutional Change by Stephen Bell and Hui Feng
- The Great Urban Transformation: Politics of Land and Property in China by You-tien Hsing
- Constructing China’s Capitalism: Shanghai and the Nexus of Urban-Rural Industries by Daniel Buck
- Anxious Wealth: Money and Morality among China’s New Rich by John Osburg